Find Here

Namalvar vs Perumal

An interesting debate between the Lord and Namalvar. In one of the pasurams, Namalvar says that he's greater than the Lord. Lord politely, and with a smile asks Namalvar the reason for saying so. Namalvar gives a clear and acceptable clarification. It goes like this. "O Lord You are the reason for all creations, sustainment, and annihilation of all universes. In You everything is there. In other words, You hold the rope of every living and non-living entities. You are the controller, You bear anything and everything,  but I bear You in my heart. Though You bear all universes and all your creations, it's me who bear You in my heart. Hence, I'm greater than you." This moved the Lord and made him to accept it.. Yes, Lord, who is the cause for all creations, lives in the heart of Baktha [meaning devotee].